Sunday, July 19, 2015

What I Need

I need to learn how to walk into the fire.  I need to learn how to trust.  I need to learn how to take it one day at a time.  I need to learn how to take care of myself.  I need to learn how to figure out what I need so I can ask for it.  I am tired, my body resisting accepting confused scared sad.  I need to learn how to grieve and live.  I need to find a way to get my family into a house that will fit our current and future needs and I'm tired of dead ends and failing hope.  I need to learn a new way of being in marriage in partnership in relationship because everything is different now.  I need a long quiet mama spa week, month, year... I need to learn how to scream and cry buckets and honor the overwhelming feelings overtaking my body so they find healthy expression. I need my own room. I need to embrace this mess and stop giving myself such a hard time.  I need to stay calm. I need to get comfortable with vulnerability. I need patience. I need to stop guarding my heart and let it break open wider and wider...

1 comment:

  1. Do you need someone (or several someones) to go to meetings with you acting as an advocate? People to call and check in on things you're waiting to hear about? People to do some research for you? A fresh set of eyes, ears and energy?

    ReplyDelete